Responsible for managing the relationship between Puma Energy and Retailer at site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Puma energy Retail Operational Standards
Job Title: Retail Territory Manager
Quality Management System Compliance
• Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
• Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
• Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
• Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
• Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders.
Workplace Health & Safety
As a Worker;
• Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
• Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
• Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
• Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
• Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
• Ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
• Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
• Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
• Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm
• Minimise waste; separate reusable and recyclable materials from the general waste stream, use bins provided.
• Clean up spills appropriately and notify your Supervisor.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
1 – Identify Gaps hindering optimal Retail Site performance (including service and ‘people’) in assigned territory in order to profitably deliver Puma’s Customer Commitment and Profitability Goals
2 – Motivate, Coach and Develop Retailers in order to maximize sales potential and protect Puma’s interests
3 – Participate in attraction and selection of the right Retailers
4 – Through coaching, supporting and performance management of Retailers to deliver the basics and higher performance, ensure best Retailers have best sites and that poor Retailer performance is eliminated
5 – Manage and maintain positive Retailer relationships, supporting Retailers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counselling to underperforming sites)
6 – Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans
7 – Ensure Retailers implement all areas of service excellence and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and manuals
8 – Manage and maintain Retail Master Plan within Territory through Retailer assessment and involvement with recruitment processes
- University degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics and Engineering.
- 5 years minimum of experience in the Oil Industry, including Retail and/or Property/Development.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and logical thinking.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver quality presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of knowledge and proficiency in computerised systems, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently and still deliver quality output.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Proven business acumen.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
- Planning and Organising
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- General Manager
- Retail Management Team
- Business Support Management
- Finance Department
- Service Station owners
- Service station Retailers
- Service station staff
- Government Regulatory Authorities
- Property Valuers