Pulse is looking to hire an experienced Commercial Video Project Manager to join our Video team and take up the challenge of coordinating and contributing creative content to our online publishing platform that has over 10 million active monthly users.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
This role reports to our Director of Video and will be based in our Accra office.
Job Title: Commercial Video Project Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient and effective planning of project executions. Making sure all logistics are in place and the team has all the support they need to enable them to give their best output.
- The full responsibility of client project timelines and deliverables. This means proper management of proof hub project cards with timelines, effective communication with account management.
- Supervision of studio activities, organise entire video production including logistics, location scouting, equipment use and equipment hire etc.
- Management and supervision of studio/equipment inventory. Take full responsibility for all equipment, ensure proper storage and usage.
- Assignment of day-to-day tasks to team members, manage overall personnel schedules, manage systems set-up by the Director.
- Take full responsibility for personnel expected output and make sure they take up assignments and deliver timely as expected.
- Ensure proper organisation and safekeeping of video footage and logs.
- Manage team learning sessions and enable knowledge sharing on an ongoing basis with the Content teams internationally.
- Communicate effectively to all team members and maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal collaborators.
- Represent Pulse at events and serve as a brand ambassador.
- Work alongside the Director of Commercial Video and the Director of Content in the execution of Pulse Studio content strategy and current content structure, including the fulfillment of specific related KPIs communicated on a regular basis.
- Attend and contribute to Play Studio sessions
Skills And Experience Required
- You should have at least two (2) years of project management experience or professional Project Management certification
- You should be very organised, assertive and possess a good problem-solving capability
- You should have at least 1+ year(s) of professional experience working in an Agency or Video Production
- Must be very familiar with google applications and open to learning new applications and tools
- You have good communication skills, be committed to your work and be dependable
- Knowledge of video editing will be a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused
Joining the Pulse Team
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team, we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at – here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.