Pulse Ghana is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our team and take up the challenge of developing and caring for our online publishing platform that has over 10 million active monthly users.
Job Title: Web Developer
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Research different software programmes and maintain software documentation
- Collaborate with web project manager and graphic designers to match visual design intent
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Design and implement website security measures
- Optimization of websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that website built is strictly to the specification and client agreed mockup
- Clearly communicate project requirements and timelines to Web Project Manager, while ensuring that timelines are met and unavoidable possible delays are promptly and proactively communicated
- Ensure website built is fully functional on mobile first and desktop, across different browsers and devices through rigorous testing
- Maintain and update, monitor and report on website as and when needed for webcare accounts
- Serve as a resource for pre-sales strategies for website development projects
- Recommend and implement performance improvements
Skills and experience required:
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Assures quality web solution by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization processes
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- BSc in computer science or a related field
Working at Pulse
The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
As a team we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers – here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a brief cover email to [email protected] with the position you are applying for as the subject. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.