Project Regional Close-out Manager | ReliefWeb
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Partnerships for Peace (P4P) is a five-year (August 30, 2016 – August 29, 2021) program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). P4P is a capacity-building and networking effort that supports West African regional institutions, national governments and civil society organizations (CSOs) to more effectively counter violent extremism in the Sahel region. The project approach is rooted in empowering West African institutions and organizations to lead sustainable, long-term peacebuilding efforts. The project currently works in Burkina Faso, Chad, Mauritania, and Niger, with a main field office in Accra, Ghana.
The Project Regional Close-out Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of field office and operational closure in Ghana, Burkina Faso , Chad, Mauritania and Niger and ensures Creative’s good standing with the host government. All applicable templates, policies and procedures will be provided to assist in the successful completion of the below activities.
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana, with potential travel to Burkina Faso, Chad, Mauritania, and Niger.
- Help develop and lead phased office closure timeline and strategy in coordination with project leadership and HQ Field Operations.
- Prepare project inventory for disposition and oversee compliant handover process across all field offices, including:
- Conducting a comprehensive physical verification of all project inventory; identifying lost, stolen or broken equipment and working with HQ Field Operations to manage next steps according to Creative protocols; and
- Working with project staff and IT to facilitate employee equipment return and preparation for inventory disposition.
- Lead project file packing and shipping, including coordination of a comprehensive file review across all departments, file digitization, physical packing of boxes in accordance with Creative policies/procedures, and oversight of freight shipment logistics.
- Ensure proper grants close-out, including activity closure, reconciliation of payments with procurement/grants/ finance and inventory disposition to grantees.
- Support HR throughout employee drawdown process to ensure compliant staff transitions and offboarding according to Creative policies/procedures.
- Manage and/or coordinate with Procurement regarding vendor notifications/close-out in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Oversee office repairs/renovations and final property handover across all field offices, including:
- Coordinating initial office walk through(s) with landlord(s) and negotiating necessary repairs and renovations; ensuring sufficient budget for work to be performed; overseeing completion of all repairs; overseeing removal of all files and equipment (as noted above); conducting final office walk through(s) with landlords and returning of key(s); and coordinating return of rental deposit(s) with landlord(s), as appropriate, and coordinating as such with HQ and project Finance and HQ Field Operations.
- Identify temporary office space(s), if required.
- Develop Knowledge Transfer Documentation and complete the Information Management Archive.
- Coordinate bank account closures/final payments and reconciliation with project and HQ Finance.
- Coordinate the required legal and administrative actions required to comply with laws and procedures regarding project closure.
- Travel to field/satellite offices to assist with close-out, if/as required.
- Participate in weekly close-out progress check-ins with HQ; provide reports and updates on close-out tasks as requested.
- Participate in the close-out After Action Review.
Other tasks as assigned.Qualifications
Higher Education (Master’s degree preferred) in an area related to the position, including finance, business administration, logistics, project management, among others, or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 7 years of professional experience and at least 5 years’ experience in program operations/logistics/management.
Knowledge of USAID regulations and protocols impacting program close-out.
- Experience managing close-out operations in a project of similar geographic scope/complexity.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced English language skills – speaking and writing.
- Advanced French language skills desired.