Project Officer-WASH at World Vision International – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
To coordinate, facilitate implement and monitor WASH projects within the Area Programme through capacity building, networking, partnership and participation of the communities.
- Carry out needs assessment and reviews in communities to determine development interventions that are required.
- Coordinate the preparation of WASH projects plans and budgets within the cluster.
- Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative WASH data and information for input into Horizon and CWBT report.
- Build capacity of Development Facilitators, volunteers, communities, Church and Government partners and other partners in WASH issues.
- Participate in children mapping and monitoring processes in communities to ensure participation of children and their families in APs activities this includes Registered Children and the most vulnerable).
- Facilitate communication between RC and their sponsors and ensure that Sponsorship Key Performance indicators are met in the different APs forming the cluster.
- Participate in RC registering, monitoring and data processing for marketing.
- Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in WASH projects and their impact areas within the cluster.
- Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on WASH activities, outputs and outcomes in ADPs communities.
- Ensure representation of WV Area Programme at District and Regional events related to WASH.
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- Degree in hydrogeological engineering, Social Science, Public Health, Project Management or any related field.
- Three years’ experience in working in the WASH Sector
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and People with Disabilities in hygiene promotion.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Proven ability to communicate on WASH topics with diverse groups.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support in the development and roll out of WASH programs/projects.
- Good development and facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills
Perform other duties as required