Project Manager GrEEN | ReliefWeb
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
Ensure implementation of the project work plan, as per the SNV project management procedures, internal reporting, donor requirements and contract;
· Lead, manage relationships and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders, plan and assign deliverables, review their progress and address deviations
· in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set;
· Contract Management & Budget Oversight – Manage and account for administrative, finance and procurement components of the project in line with SNV and donor requirements;
· Human Resources Management & Team Leadership – Plan and manage HR workflow by forecasting personnel needs and supporting in recruitment & selection;
· Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the agreed implementation plan and results between SNV and the donor;
· Deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
· Coordinate and manage the day to day relationship with consortium partners and donors; and the proper flow of communication among all project stakeholders;
· Coordinate and management project team members;
· Ensure the production of quality technical and financial reports for internal monitoring and for external reporting to the donor;
· Ensure the project budget is depleted according to schedule;
· Ensure that project results are delivered with high quality standard;
· Protect SNV image in dealing with all external partners on the project.
Education and Experience
· Master’s Degree in Agricultural Value Chains, Development Finance, Energy, SME or Sustainable development or related field.
· Specific expertise in areas relevant to this project, such as business management, entrepreneurship and Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) management, circular economy, green economy and sustainability, will be considered an advantage.
· Have at least ten (10) years’ experiences in project management, including at least one consortium project;
· Have at least seven (7) years of work experience in the youth employment sector, youth and women entrepreneurship, Energy and Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) development;
· Have experience managing complex programs and a team of over 10 fte in 2 regions;
· Recent experience in project management funded by the European Union will be considered as an advantage.
· International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting’
· Demonstrated project management expertise and excellent knowledge of the full Project Cycle
· Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyse implementation issues
· Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; excellent ability to work in a team
· Solid planning, analysis and prioritization skills
· Good financial management skills related to project management
· Effective time management and very good organizational skills
· Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in contacts with third parties
· Knowledge of usual office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and regular communication channels (Internet, email, Skype)
· Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required
· Willingness to travel to all project locations within Ghana
Terms of appointment
Contract Type: International Employment Contract
Contract Duration: Contract until the end of the project, November 14th 2023
Expected Start Date: 1 October 2021
Duty Station: Accra, Ghana
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV before 6th of September 2021 by clicking on the link:
I’m interested’. All information will be held in the strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
– We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement –