Project Manager- FCDO-Mondelez-Fairtrade Project | ReliefWeb
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
To lead and coordinate the implementation of an FCDO-Mondelez-Fairtrade Partnership Project on Vulnerable Supply Chains, Climate Change and Strengthening of Producer Organizations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and implementation
- In liaison with the key project partners, producer organisations, project team and the Head of Region, lead in the overall planning, budgeting and implementation of all project activities and producer services under the Partnership
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support to the project team for efficient and effective implementation.
- Coordinate and support all project officers and ensure producer organisations receive all resource required for activity/project implementation
- Prepare annual and quarterly work plans in line with the project and partnership objectives for approval
- Develop, submit and update field activity implementation guidelines based on learnings from implementation and producer needs
Reporting, Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead in preparing all field-level reports on the progress of implementation and submit to the Head of Region for approval and submission to key project partners
- Be the chief communicator for the Project i.e. receiving and effectively responding to all inquiries about the Project, field activities and field implementation of the Project
- Ensure effective communication between key project partners on the project in Ghana
- Facilitate joint planning and review meetings with producer organisations and ensure timely gathering and distribution of all relevant information to producer organisations
- Participate in key partners and project-related meeting in-country and outside, where necessary
- In liaison with the Regional Communications Officer, Head of Region and Communication teams of key project partners, draft articles about the Project for internal and external newsletters and news portals.
- In liaison with MEL Officer, project team and key project partners, lead in effective monitoring of the progress of project implementation, adopt appropriate tools and methodology to collect and analyse required data and apply to agree with templates report the outcome
- Compile quarterly summary reports of activities in liaison with MEL Officer and project team using agreed/required Fairtrade Africa and project-specific templates
- Undertake risk mapping and report on same
Stakeholder and Partners’ Support
- Coordinate field trips for partners and other stakeholders**
- In liaison with the Head of Region, increase partnership and networking between producers organisations, local and central government officials, ministers, departments and agencies and civil society
- Prepare and/or approve budgets for the project field activities and workshops
- Effectively track the Project’s field-level expenses, accounting and reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget and financial reports on project implementation/performance for approval and submission
- Provide logistical support to the organisation for events and workshops
- Represent the FTA and the Project at meetings, events/forums, and conferences in the country in relation to the Project and its key topics
- Work as the technical leader for the project team and coordinate all project work
- Performance manages all staff under the Project.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Agriculture, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Rural Development, Project Management etc.) with additional work experience
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 5 years of working experience in non-government, not for profit organization at field and management level in the fields of Project Management, Agriculture, Climate Change, Administration and development work, in general
- Substantial experience working in a relevant climate change-related project in the cocoa sector in Ghana, in management and strengthening of producer organisations including partnerships roles and responsibilities.
- High level of relationship and communication management skills to build relationships with producer organisations, key partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and coordinating projects
- Good level of knowledge of Financial and accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
Demonstrated skills in project planning, implementation and budgeting
Proven experience in managing projects
Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities, meet tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks**
How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 6th November 2020
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies-2/ Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name, and the position Project Manager – FCDO-Mondelez-Fairtrade Project.
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to [email protected]
If you have any queries, please call / +233 (0)27 724 6894 / +233 (0)50 160 1365/ +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team.
Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a condition of employment.