Project Administrative and Technical Assistant at UNDP – Jobs in Ghana
1. Communicating information and ideas: Communicating clearly and effectively. Seeking to understand the ideas of others. Facilitating and encouraging open communication. Creating an environment for open communication. Inspiring and persuading others.
2. Ethics and values: Taking actions that are congruent with what he/she says. Reliably delivering on promises and honoring commitments made. Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN/UNDP in actions and decisions. Demonstrating an appreciation of differences in values and learning from cultural diversity. Moves from demonstrating sensitivity to encouraging full participation, to leveraging diversity.
3. Knowledge sharing/continuous learning: Taking responsibility for self-learning and development. Actively seeking learning and career development opportunities. Promoting organizational learning and knowledge management. Building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
4. Organizational awareness: Understanding, building and using formal/ informal systems and contacts in a complex organizational and global environment to obtain results. Moves from an ability to use organizational services to assist others, to applying corporate thinking and applying judgment, to building support and finally, demonstrating political acumen.
5. Self-management and emotional intelligence: Managing moods, responding effectively to stress, situations of ambiguity or crisis. Managing relationships with others to achieve mutual benefits. Building an emotionally intelligent organization.
6. Working in teams: Working effectively with colleagues in ways that allow the achievement of shared objectives. Building teams both within existing organizational structures and outside of them. Creating team spirit and unity of purpose across the business unit.
7. Building strategic partnerships: Establishing, maintaining, and utilizing a broad network of contacts. Building partnerships and strategic alliances. Leveraging the resources of national governments and other development partners.
8. Client orientation: Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs. Anticipating and addressing client needs and concerns. Developing innovative approaches to meeting client needs. Ensuring overall provision of quality services to clients.
9. Job knowledge and technical expertise: Demonstrating and applying professional and/or technical expertise/knowledge of the post or discipline. Focusing on the knowledge and skill areas necessary to effectively perform the functions of the post. Identifying and seeking to expand knowledge and improve work processes.
10. Creating visibility for UNDP/supporting UNDP’s capacity to advocate: Ensuring that UNDP has the visibility and corporate image it requires as the key development actor.
11. Innovation and marketing new approaches: Enhance existing processes or products. Developing original and innovative ideas and approaches.
12. Integration in a multi-disciplinary environment
13. Promoting accountability and results-based management: Monitoring and promoting practices, procedures and systems that support accountability and results-based management, while also influencing change in the organizational culture.
14. Results-based programme development and management. Effectively managing core and non-core resources to achieve UN development results