Programs Manager at Qatar Charity (QC) – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization based in the state of Qatar. QC works in the fields of sustainable development, poverty reduction and emergency response through initiating long term programs. QC has been operating in Ghana for the last fifteen years through different implementing partners. During 2016 QC has come to mark its direct presence in Ghana and established an office in order to facilitate more humanitarian assistance to unprivileged people in the country as well as work closely with its partners, the community and other stakeholders.
- Division: International Development
- Reporting To: Country Director – Ghana
- Staff Reporting: Program staff
- Base Location: Accra, Ghana
- Application deadline: 18th June 2019
Compelled by the obligations of such merits, QC is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Programs Manager (PM) to lead its program in Ghana.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities
- Lead the process of the Annual Plan;
- Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of all programs activities at the field level with the project teams and local partners;
- Manage all aspects of the programs, including technical support and the development of effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems;
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports of program activities to Country Director and to HQ as per agreed schedules;
- Develop an agreed program strategy and operational plans with participation from the programs team;
- Design and prepare proposals for projects, identify and secure relevant sources of funding;
- Represent and coordinate with key partners, with local government as well as attend relevant (I)NGO meetings;
- Ensure effective management, support and development of all staff engaged by Qatar Charity in the programs work;
- Monitor and supervise progress in budget expenditure as per agreed annual and program budgets;
- Actively participate in the hiring of new programs staff;
- Undertake regular visits to the projects’ sites to ensure regular monitoring, supervision and coaching of staff on relevant activities;
- Participate in developing staff capacity in terms of general management, report and proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, problem solving, etc.
- Carry out performance appraisals for all staff reporting to the Program Manager
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- INGO working experience not less than (03) three years in a similar and/or managerial position;
- Proven record of experience/ expertise in management, programs appraisal, development, and monitoring and impact assessment skills;
- Proven experience and ability of drafting and developing concept notes and full proposals for funding;
- Ability to network and develop linkages with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders;
- Experience in successfully developing and managing programs funded by institutional donors;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
- Cultural awareness and high level of diplomacy and tact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and analysis;
- Proven technical competencies in the design of development and emergency intervention programs as well as sound financial skills (e.g., budgeting);
- Ability to work with a team in a multi-cultural environment and good team leadership;
- Positive approach to problem solving;
- Result based focus, balanced with a sensitive and honest approach to people.
- University degree or its equivalent in Management, Social Science, International Development, Disaster Management, Economics, Public Administration, or any related field;
- Relevant experience in project formulation, management, policy and strategy research;
- Field work experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Work experience in developing countries.
To apply, please send your CV, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfil the requirements for this position to the following email: [email protected] on or before June 18, 2019.
- NB. Date of availability should be mentioned in your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered including those received after the deadline.
- The email subject line MUST include the following: PROGRAMS MANAGER QC
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!