Programme Officer | ReliefWeb
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal.
Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities
Ghana Somubi Dwumadie will support people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities, neurological and substance use conditions (MNS) to improve their health and wellbeing and ensure they are engaged, empowered and able to enjoy improved social and economic outcomes and rights. The four key outputs of the Programme include:
- Stronger policy, leadership, resources and governance systems that respect the rights of people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities
- Scaled-up quality, integrated, disability inclusive community-based and recovery oriented mental health and social services
- Reduction in negative and discriminatory attitudes, behaviours and norms against people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities
- Evidence generated to inform policy, practice and enabling environment
Options Consultancy seeks a Programme Officer to join our Programme Management Team and to play a vital role in ensuring the successful delivery of the Ghana Somubi Dwumadie (Ghana Participation Programme).
The Programme Officer will be responsible for providing programmatic, operational, financial and administrative assistance to the Ghana Somubi Dwumadie (Ghana Participation Programme), ensuring it is delivered effectively, efficiently and to a high standard. A key function of this role would be supporting the management of operations and logistics, office management, programme budget support, providing inputs to programme reports and developing project management systems.
The Programme Officer will work closely with the Programme Manager who will have an overview of their responsibilities. They will have the opportunity to directly engage with the programme team based in Ghana and occasionally with the UK based team in order to successfully deliver this complex programme.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role of which one year would have been providing similar support to a health, disability and/or mental health programme
- Experience in budgeting, project planning, financial and narrative report writing
Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally-based team
Demonstratable experience of managing complex logistics arrangements and supporting operations aspect for programmes, including local, regional and international travel
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities “
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Ghana work permit.