Programme Officer at Sightsavers – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme, which will make a significant contribution to the control and elimination of the 5 PC NTDs across 13 countries. Sightsavers is the lead supplier and responsible for overall delivery in line with contractual agreements within a consortium structure.
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Programme Officer who will work with the Programme Optimisation unit to ensure the smooth delivery of the integrated MDA targets and WASH and Behavioural Change activities, according to the contractual milestones together with the designated country principal and delivery partners in 13 designated countries as part of the ASCEND programme.
About the role
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing direct programme support to country teams on the roll out of integrated MDA, including the use of all ASCEND management and programme implementation tools and protocols;
- Coordinate and oversee the “WASH Sector Dialogue” aligned with the national structures and processes, to establish the criteria and process to target investment in water and sanitation services supply and demand to areas with high levels of NTD endemicity;
- Ensure WASH and SBCC approaches align with the WHO and NNN “WASH and Health Working Together: a “how to guide for NTD programmes”
- Facilitate the delivery of capacity building support in close coordination with the Coordinator-Implementation (HSS) that enhances the effectiveness of integrated NTDs, WASH and SBCC to government and implementing partners.
- Align learning, documentation and reporting systems with designated countries to that adopted across the ASCEND programme;
As the ideal candidate for the role you will be degree educated (or similar) in public health or other development related field, such as WASH. You will have a background and knowledge of Behavioral Change and communication planning, water sanitation for public health programmes and working experience of African context.