Program Officer | ReliefWeb
For over 75 years, Episcopal Relief & Development has been working together with supporters and partners for lasting change around the world. Each year the organization facilitates healthier, more fulfilling lives for more than 3 million people struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Inspired by Jesus’ words in Matthew 25, Episcopal Relief & Development leverages the expertise and resources of Anglican and other partners to deliver measurable and sustainable change in three signature program areas: Women, Children and Climate.
Program Officer, International Programs (Remote USA or Ghana)
The Program Officer works closely with international partners to implement international social and economic development programs that have an impact on women, children, and climate resilience. You will manage an assigned portfolio of partnerships and work closely with the Director of Gender Initiatives in identifying new opportunities to achieve Episcopal Relief & Development’s strategic plan while supporting the organization’s core values.
As Program Officer, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of key program relationships through office and site visits, regional meetings, phone calls and emails, including guiding the grant management and risk management of these programs
- Ensure transparency and data integrity while managing and maintaining all partner proposal development, budgeting and reporting requirements in close collaboration with partners
- Support partners in establishing rational and participatory monitoring and evaluation framework for their programs including, but not limited to, establishing baseline studies, effective benchmarks, outcomes and measurement tools
- Create materials and train staff and partners in best practices with a particular focus on thematic areas of women, children and climate resilience
- Facilitate administrative and logistical management of training workshops, partner learning peer-exchange trips and training programs
- Support the Director of Gender Initiatives in strategy planning and writing and assist as a lead on integration of gender strategies within specific projects
- Liaise across the organization to cross-pollinate ideas, provide technical insights related to gender mainstreaming and analysis and develop effective integration of gender into program activities that maximize impact in all core strategic areas of the organization
- Support resource mobilization by assisting proposal writing teams with technical input, reviewing drafts, ensuring information accuracy and reporting to donors as needed
- Collaborate inter-departmentally on a wide array of communications for internal and external audiences such as technical papers, media releases, narrative compositions, articles, stories and videos
- A confident communicator with exceptional facilitation, critical analysis and conflict resolution skills, including in a remote work environment with digital communications methods
- A detail-oriented multi-tasker who is adept at managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An enthusiastic team member who is excited to work across technical sectors and with a diverse array of community and faith-based actors with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Visionary, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Able and willing to travel up to 30-40% of the time and work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends in a remote context
- A shared commitment to Episcopal Relief & Development’s values, principles and philosophy
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- An Advanced Degree (MA) in International Development, Public Health, Gender Studies or equivalent degree preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in program management and monitoring, evaluation and learning in a regional or international context, preferably with partner-based field implementation work in a developing county in a faith-based context
- A minimum of one (1) year of government and foundation grant planning and management
- A demonstrated track record in designing and managing community-based programs in the Global South, preferably West Africa, Central and Southern Africa, or East Africa
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, and experience conducting field-based gender analyses and human rights based approaches to development
How to apply
* Competitive salary and generous benefits package offered.
* Episcopal Relief & Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Episcopal Relief & Development offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
*Women, people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
*Authorization to work in the US is not required.