Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation at Rainforest Alliance – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Program Officer Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) is responsible for coordinating and carrying out M&E activities in Rainforest Alliance’s Landscapes & Livelihoods projects in Ghana.
The Program Officer M&E will support these projects by working with Rainforest Alliance staff, project partners, consultants and stakeholders to build and manage sound M&E systems that improve understanding of the local context and tracks the project implementations and outcomes of interventions over time.
This includes designing and evaluating implementation of project activities; training technical staff, project partners, and field consultants on M&E methods and tools; ensuring proper output and outcome indicator data collection, quality control, analysis, and management; and reporting on key findings. The position will also coordinate closely with other Rainforest Alliance units.
The position is open to expand in time and geography depending on funding and development.
- Develop and manage field-based project M&E systems´ including methods, tools and processes, in coordination with Senior Manager Strategic Projects West-Africa, Ghana Country Lead, West-Africa Regional Lead and other Project Managers.
- Facilitate baseline assessments at project inception to understand needs, gaps, and opportunities for achieving rural development outcomes in the context of business and local community needs;
- Design and provide remote and in-country training and technical assistance to staff, project partners and field consultants on M&E methods, tools and processes, ensuring M&E best practices;
- Collaborate in the design and conduction of field-based studies, and supervise assessment teams as necessary;
- Implement and take responsibility for quality control procedures to ensure transparent, evidence-based M&E systems, and the collection, management, analysis and reporting of high-quality output and outcome indicator data;
- Identify M&E partner organizations, such as local universities or research institutions as appropriate;
- Support Project Managers in maintaining updated project information in the SharePoint-based project site;
- Support Project Managers in the preparation of quality and timely project performance technical reports as required by donors, as well as in the preparation of presentations to partners, Senior Manager Strategic Projects West-Africa, and other Rainforest Alliance units;
- Ensure that Rainforest Alliance´s Key Performance Indicators are embedded in project design; and M&E best practices into the project;
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Economics, Natural Resources Management or related field;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar position, including minimum of 2 years of experience conducting project M&E activities, impact assessments of programs and projects, and/or related studies, preferably related to sustainable livelihoods, sustainable agriculture, agricultural supply chain management, and/or community engagement;
- Experience advising and supervising field teams or consultants in the collection of field data on social, environmental and/or agronomic and/or socioeconomic indicators for performance assessment, and in the use of associated field methods and tools (household surveys, farm monitoring, etc.)
- Fluent English required, and knowledge of French is a big plus;
- Ability to develop and implement cost-effective performance-based monitoring systems;
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity for project M&E among project staff and partners;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in West Africa;
- Ability to be results-oriented and multi-task, as well as motivate field staff and teams to manage diverse and time-sensitive activities while delivering quality results; and
- Ability to travel locally and internationally at least 40% of the time.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to Rainforest Alliance, PMB CT 435, Cantonment, Accra Ghana. Email: [email protected]. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
- Only candidates authorized to work in Ghana will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer