Program Manager: Ghana Training at IDS International – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
IDS believes in resolving conflict and building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges to bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. We tailor solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
IDS is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to oversee the Ghana Training Logistical Support contract for the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) mission in Accra, Ghana. The mission of the INL is to minimize the impact of transnational crime and illegal drugs on the United States, its citizens, and partner nations by providing effective foreign assistance and fostering greater bilateral and multilateral law enforcement and rule of law cooperation. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for leading project teams in delivering solutions to external customers. The PM will manage one or multiple projects as part of a program, reporting directly into a Program Management function.
- Own performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, vendors and internal departments. The candidate will be expected to maintain effective communication across all project’s stakeholders, and to provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer program leadership.
- Demonstrated minimum experience of five (5) years in a supervisory or management position.
- Demonstrated minimum experience of three (3) years’ experience working with international programs to include; coordinating, assessing, conducting, and managing facilities in an international setting I the African region or the Middle East.
- Provide subject matter expertise in program planning, design, technical assistance, and implementation.
- Provide management expertise in specialized field of expertise, as well as functional and technical expertise to lead complex, large projects to deliver client solution and/or manage operations of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to solve complex and unusual managerial issues while exercising independent judgement.
- Advise and assist in the development of program strategies and implementation.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within short time constraints, and during times of rapidly developing events.
- Experience working in Ghana or other developing country in Africa.
- Experience working with INL.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with U.S. Government contracting processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.