Process Plant Maintenance Superintendent at Kinross Gold Corporation – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
This position is responsible for managing the Company’s Process Plant Maintenance team and resources to promote continuous improvement by driving ongoing change to achieve environmental, quality and production targets.
- Ensure relevant safety, Mining and other statutory codes and regulations remain in full compliance.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with Local Government Authorities Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operation policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programs.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and work orders to subordinates, assign duties and assist in diagnosing malfunctions in all Process Plant equipment.
- Manage mechanical engineering projects to ensure delivery of project within set budget and timeframes.
- Ensure all Process Plant Maintenance workers on site meet company and governmental requirements with respect to training and certification.
- Coordinate maintenance areas at the Process Plant including mills, crushers, conveyors, CIL tanks, pipelines, water treatment, pumping and power systems and ancillary industrial equipment.
- Liaise with Mechanical Maintenance team on process control instrumentation and PLC systems when required.
- Manage third party contractual responsibilities in relation to mechanical engineering projects.
- Ensure Process Plant mechanical infrastructure is maintained to standard to enable annual plan targets are met, and the long term integrity of assets are established through life mine planning.
- Coordinate the mechanical maintenance budget to achieve the annual planned budget compliance.
- Create AFE for required projects and record them in Kinross AFE systems for processing and close/finalize AFE’s in the system upon AFE completion.
- Manage all Process Plant maintenance, coordinate planning, installations and rebuilds.
- Develop Condition Based Monitoring programs (Infrared Thermography, Ultrasound inspections, etc.).
- Prepare technical specification for major equipment and plant modification.
- Oversee to the acquisition and replacement of mechanical equipment in conjunction with engineering (projects) according to the regulatory and internal standards of CGML and ensure the update of mechanical drawings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Superintendent Certification from the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission, Ghana
- A minimum of 10 -15 years’ experience in process equipment – particularly gyratory cone crushers, screens, conveyors and gold recovery plants.
- Well-developed English; oral, written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems.
- Has the skill of quality job execution, and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues and other departments.
- Ability to perform under pressure, respond quickly to requests, achieve effective results and meet tight deadlines Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Applications.
- Ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills.
- A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
- High degree of flexibility, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and strong work ethic
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!