Process Engineer at MODEC Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
The Process Engineer will be one of the team members in the MODEC Production Services Ghana JV Limited Operations Support team. The Process Engineer’s role is to complete the process engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change, optimisation and project activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
This includes but not limited to:
- Liaising and coordinating work activities with other discipline engineers to achieve deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Providing innovative and cost effective solutions for operational & unreliability problems and capacity constraints facilities.
- Exploring and advising on opportunities and methods of maximizing/optimizing production.
- Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for improvement and optimization topside process.
- Recommend technical solutions to problems relation to top side process equipment arising from facilities.
- Liaising and coordinating with facilities for preparing annual budget operation and maintenance of topside process equipment.
- Develops and reviews Operational work instructions and standard operational procedures for new added equipment and modifications.
- Perform Process Engineering activities and support during all phases of projects (conceptual studies, front end engineering design, detailed engineering, construction, installation and commissioning).
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. Review documents, specifications, datasheets and verification.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Participation in discipline related workshops (i.e. cost and schedule, construction review, HAZOP/HAZID & Risk assessment etc.), and attend meetings with outside engineering consultants.
- Ensure that at completion of projects, all technical documentation Including drawings, specifications, minutes of meetings, etc.) is collated, revised to as built status and handed over to the Document Control archiving (i.e. complete and proper close out of projects.
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Company standards, procedures and specifications, as well as any applicable local government regulatory requirements as identified by the country of Ghana
- Bachelor Degree in Process engineer / Chemical Engineer discipline.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced.
- 5 years experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry. An FPSO experience is desirably.
- Demonstrate good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Good knowledge and understanding of topside process & utility system
- Oil stabilization.
- Gas Dehydration & Refrigeration Process.
- Reciprocating / Centrifuge compressor
- Sea water treatment and injection.
- Produced water treatment.
- Utilities ( Instrument Air, Fresh water & Nitrogen system)
- Highly desirable, but not essential for utilizing Process simulation tools (HYSYS/Unisim).
- Basic project management skill and/or involvement in projects
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.