Private Sector Engagement Lead – West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Private Sector Engagement Lead candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WABiLED) Activity. The Private Sector Engagement Lead will provide technical expertise and guidance to facilitate collaboration and partnerships with private sector partners to jointly address objectives related to combatting wildlife trafficking; reducing deforestation, forest degradation and biodiversity loss; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increase carbon sequestration from improved land use.
* At least 8-10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of demonstrated capacity to identify and capitalize on opportunities for high-impact private sector partnerships;
*Practical knowledge and experience in market development and use of innovative financing mechanisms
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with and between government entities and the private sector;
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of strategies, policies, protocols and guidelines to facilitate private sector development;
* Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
* Advanced degree in international development, economics, business administration, law, trade and finance, policy, or relevant field required; master’s degree preferred;
* Experience in West Africa strongly preferred.
* West African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/PSELeadWABiLED
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.