Principal Investigation Officer at African Development Bank – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund. The President supervises several Departments and Divisions including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption; Compliance Review and Mediation Department; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Function Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption plays an integral role in achieving this mandate by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent’s investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group. The Investigations Division has the overriding mandate to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations and conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
The Principal Investigation Officer will be responsible for ensuring that unhindered investigations are conducted into allegations related to fraud, corruption and other malpractices in procurement in Bank Group financed activities or institutional procurement financed from the Bank Group’s administrative and capital expenditure budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Principal Investigation Officer will:
- Undertake and/or lead investigations into allegations
- Plan investigations and determine investigation objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to accomplish the assignment.
- Receive, screen and investigate allegations or whistle-blowing on Fraud, Corruption and malpractices or suspicions thereof, in the Bank and in activities financed by the Bank, assigned by the Division Manager Investigation.
- Conduct field work, controlling evidence and data collection, and reviewing documents and information gathered in the course of an investigation to ensure that investigation objectives are achieved; that evidence is protected and adequately support the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the investigation.
- Contribute to the processing of allegations of fraud and corruption and providing regular tracking to the Division Manager Investigation.
- Prepare and review required written outputs of the highest quality with logical and clear presentations of investigative findings.
- Assist the Division Manager Integrity and Prevention in conducting fraud risk assessment and prevention efforts in the Bank.
- Review the results of preliminary inquiry to determine availability of sufficient evidence of wrongful conduct or irregularity to warrant comprehensive investigation.
- Conduct specially sensitive and complex interviews and investigations.
- Monitor the implementation of investigation recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of such irregularities and safeguard the assets and image of the Bank.
- Prepare Quarterly Activity Reports containing the status of allegations, preliminary reviews and assignment progress for the attention of the Division Manager Investigation.
- Operate procedures and mechanisms for ensuring confidentiality of the hotline facility, protection of the whistle-blowers and anonymous reporting of corruption and Fraud within the Bank and in activities financed by the Bank in Regional Member Countries.
- Employ surveillance measures deemed necessary and reasonable for the furtherance of investigations
- Report regularly to the Division Manager Investigation on the allegations received, screened and their investigation status.
- Monitor the implementation of investigation recommendations and report the status to the Division Manager Investigation.
- Recommend debarment and imposition of sanctions against individuals, firms and companies found to have engaged in corrupt practices.
- Contribute to special initiatives/projects and undertake other ad hoc assignments upon demand.
- Hold at least a Masters Degree or equivalent in Law, Criminology, Accountancy, Finance, Forensic Auditing or related field.
- Have a minimum of s
- Knowledge and experience in institutional, national and international procurement is desirable.
- Integrity, good judgment, fairness and discretion in dealing with staff and external parties.
- Substantial experience in investigative work, preferably investigations relating to fraud and corruption in public or private sector, such experience may include misconduct investigations related to internal and public procurement in a corporate or government setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written; proven ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss and defend issues, findings and recommendations at senior levels and to produce complex and compelling briefs, reports, papers, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team/task force as participant or team leader and with senior officials internally and externally.
- Strong interviewing skills, including ability to create a focus during discussions and to elicit critical information from uncooperative witnesses.
- Strong organizational and analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of the Bank standard software applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
JOB FRAUD ALERT – BE WARNED!!
Do NOT Pay MONEY to any Employer Before Getting a JOB!! : Call +233(0)201533571 to Report a Job To Be Pulled Down ASAP!!