Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana Careers 2019
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: Physician Assistant
- LOCATION: PPAG Clinic, Cape Coast
- REPORT TO: Director of Programmes & Service Delivery
To provide quality Health/Sexual Reproductive Health services to clients through the clinics and outreach services, where necessary
- Provide routine patient consultation on Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) issues
- Provide SRH education/information to patients and clients
- Ensure the effective overall running of the Clinic
- Providing Family Planning counseling, HIV/AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
- Managing emergency clinical cases.
- Assist in providing curative and preventive health services in the clinic.
- Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources.
- Refer cases to the appropriate facility, if necessary.
- Ensure that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
- Ensure effective infection control in the Clinic
- Supervise and Ensure the effective implementation of BCC activities in the clinic and the community
- Provide effective and efficient clinical services and service delivery
- Ensure that clients and providers rights are adhered to
- Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
- Collate and analyze service statistics
- Liaise with other health/service providers to ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
- Attend meetings and training programmes as may be require
Required Skills or Experience
- A Physician Assistant, State Registered Nurse or Midwifery or any other higher related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a similar position.
- A background in Midwifery is an added advantage
- Very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Must be friendly and accommodative
- High sense of responsibility, humour, be judgmental and able to take initiatives
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Ability to travel at short notices
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite quaification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756 Accra-North OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR e-mail: [email protected]
- People living with HIV/AIDS are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants in the Northern and Brong Ahafo Regions are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.
- Closing Date: February 5, 2019.
PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy.