PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 450 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Are you an experienced System Administrator looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are able to maintain a positive attitude even when everything goes wrong, if you are detail oriented and self-motivated with a passion to learn and improve your skills and knowledge, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a System Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for (5) years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat or CentOS, Debian and FreeBSD.
- General knowledge of Windows
- Hands on experience with MySQL / MariaDB and PostgresSQL
- Familiarity with the concept of virtualization and container
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- VOIP and Telephony Technologies (3CX, Vicidialler, SIP and E1 Technology)
- Day to day management and maintenance of LAN and Cloud Infrastructure
- Support the deployment of new IT solutions
- Maintain a secured IT infrastructure
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes