PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product -a high quality solar home system that includes LED satellite TV, fan, radio, torch, phone charger and lighting – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene-based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 600 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, Energy Access Champion in October 2019, 2019 Advance Award Winner for Sustainability and was named as one of the “fastest-growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
The HR Officer is responsible for the smooth running of operational activities of the human resource function, specifically, recruitment, learning and development and administration.
- Maintain an applicant pool of qualified candidates for various departments.
- Coordinate hiring process of all open jobs based on agreed recruitment SLA with the hiring manager.
- Responsible for sourcing of top candidates for all open roles.
- Responsible for the coordination of interviews, assessments and follow up dates during the hiring process.
- Assist HR Manager to improve on recruiting standards.
- Assist in developing and facilitating relevant inhouse trainings.
- Onboarding orientation for new hires
- Coordination of PEGs Google Classroom Learning
- Support in securing relevant external professional development opportunities for employees.
- Ensuring evaluation is conducted for all trainings.
- Maintaining training activity records, updating training records and ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Coordinating the quarterly Performance Metrics creation on the company’s Performance Management Tool
- Coordinating the bi-annually performance review process for Ghana.
- Supporting in 360 reviews & DISC assessments as needed.
Employee Engagement & Culture
- Coordinating monthly country town hall event and ensuring action items are completed.
- Coordinating culture initiatives, competitions and events to promote PEG’s Values
- Celebrating employee milestones; birthdays and work anniversaries
- Compile and update employee files and records in hard and soft copy.
- Screen all employee relations issues and escalate them to the appropriate desks and sees to it that employee complaints are all resolved on time.
- Ensures the front office is professionally attended to, well kept and welcoming for all staff and determine what access to give to specific guests who come in.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other administrative documents.
- Perform general office management duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems i.e. log books and trackers
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep and maintenance of all PEG amenities or facilities
- Fuel tracking on HQ Vehicle and HQ Genset
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 2 + years’ previous experience in a similar role
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Option or a related discipline.
- Experience in implementing strategies to increase productivity and employee satisfaction.
- A data-driven approach to analyzing and solving common HR Administrative problems.
- Experience in facilitation, training and public speaking.
- Strong excel, PowerPoint and word skills are required.
- Good understanding of Ghanaian Labor Law
- Good at employee relations and relationship management.
- Strong communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Drive and motivation to cope in a fast paced environment
- Ability to easily adapt and learn exponentially
- Experience in managing and coordinating projects and events.
- Is proactive and able to work around issues
- Understands the need for confidentiality on scope of work
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential.