Palladium: Make It Possible Recruitment
- Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Job Title: Team Leader Ghana
Project Overview and Role
The role of the Team Leader is to:
- Lead the preparation of the annual strategic plans, technical and operational work plans and budgets, staffing plans, performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Ensure appropriate consultation in the development of plans and budgets (including consultation with the Programme Director, the client, national government agencies and other programme stakeholders).
- Provide technical guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all programme activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans and ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
- Monitor implementation progress, maintaining up to date logs of issues and risks, working to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective and professional management of the programme team.
- Lead, guide, mentor and manage the performance of technical and administrative direct reports and ensure appropriate leadership, guidance, mentorship and management of other staff.
- Participate as required in HR management; recruitment and contracting, performance management, disciplinary and grievance proceedings, and learning and development.
- Ensure consistent implementation of Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and Security Protocols and, where applicable, recommend modifications.
- Ensure the programme provides and demonstrates good value for money.
- Ensure that financial risk to Palladium is minimised.
- Support the preparation and delivery to the client of budget variations and contract amendments.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of and adherence to business processes and administrative procedures that contribute to the effective financial management and administration of the programme, including the Operations Manual, Safety and Security SOPs, and asset management.
- Client Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Represent and promote legitimate commercial interests of the company.
- Manage relationships and oversee coordination of programme activities with consortium members and other partners
- Maintain excellent working relationship with the client and ensure agreement of the programmes strategy, plans, resource requirements and any other contract amendments required.
- Manage relationships with the government of the host country, industry actors, business partners and Palladiums programme implementing partners.
- Maintain regular communication with DFID and relevant stakeholders and ensure that activity reports and critical programme issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversee timely and accurate reporting to DFID including production of all quarterly reports, annual reporting and value for money reporting. Provide support to, and participating in, the Consortium Steering Committee.
- A postgraduate degree in Social Development, Gender Studies or other related discipline.
- Working experience in Ghana and established understanding of the political and socioeconomic context of implementing interventions to enhance gender equality and prevent violence against women and girls.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, with specific experience managing large programmes.
- Experience with donor-funded programmes, especially DFID programmes.
- Proven experience in leading substantial social development, governance, behaviour change, social norms, and capacity building programmes.
- A minimum of 6 years of people management experience including setting clear performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation, mentoring and coaching.
- Successful track record in high level leadership skills that inspire people and provide clear strategic direction to teams.
- Strong technical expertise in gender and gender based violence: ability to understand technical challenges from upstream to downstream.
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a range of stakeholders, including programme partners, donors, private sector organizations, NGOs and government departments.
- Ability to deliver programmes in conjunction with multiple partners.
- Willingness to travel to and spend time in target areas.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers.
- Results oriented and commitment to accountability and value for money.
- Strong personal qualities, including integrity, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness, collegiality and solving problems even in very difficult situations.
Palladium is child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.