Our client is a multinational organization offering Specialist Health Services, Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support amongst others in Africa, Middles East and Central Asia.
The Environmental Health Officer will oversee environment processes and procedures on a specialist hospital site, enforcing the organization safety policies and work procedures to enhance site safety for all personnel and third parties.
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
- Lead on all HSE related issues and act as a centre of excellence for site HSE.
- Assist and advise Site Manager and the HSE Manager to discharge their HSE duties imposed upon them by law.
- Initiate and organize HSE trainings for employees at the site.
- Ensuring that the company HSE management system is implemented and maintained at site.
- Undertake periodic workplace inspections.
- Management and maintenance of site HSE management system (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001)
- Timely data compilations and reporting of monthly HSE KPIs.
- Ensure continuous reduction in Company Incidents and Incident rates.
- Ensures that a register of Hazardous substances is always maintained.
- Ensures that a register of lifting equipment and its certifications is always maintained.
- Ensures that a colour code system is in place and up to date for all lifting and portable equipment.
- Report and Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses and record the data accordingly.
- Auditing policies, procedures and company safety standards.
- Submit monthly HSE performance records to the HSE Manager.
- Organize, scribe and document HSE meetings at the site.
- Conduct site inductions and monitor PPE compliance.
- Ensure that contractors working on company premises or on behalf of the company are competent and controlled whilst they are working on site.
- Ensures that new employees, temporary workers and contractors are adequately inducted, i.e. given enough HSE information before they begin work.
- Conduct risk assessment for various tasks and at various departments within the hospital.
- Promote a safety culture within the organization and set a personal example.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Roll out vehicular safety and inspections on site.
- Ensure environmental compliance to applicable laws.
- Ensure a clean environment within the Hospital and its perimeter by conducting housekeeping audits.
- At least a first degree in Human Sciences, Engineering, Physical Sciences, OHS etc.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a similar role in Health Services, Construction, Engineering or Mining sectors.
- Professional qualification (NEBOSH IGC, IOSH, OSHA or better) in Health and Safety is desirable.
- Project Management
- Policy Implementation and Analysis
- Reporting, Documentation, and Record‑Keeping