Candidates must be in Ghana at the time of the application. Please send a resume in ENGLISH, which is the working language in Ghana.
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promoting the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a policy of zero tolerance for any behaviour that contravenes its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To achieve this, Oxfam will ensure that it recruits people who demonstrate the same values and expects everyone already working in the organization to share and embody this commitment.
Job Title: Feminist MEAL Volunteer Cooperant
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in all 13 countries. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of qualified Canadian volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
As part of the launch of its VCP, Oxfam-Quebec is seeking to fill mandates that will support Oxfam teams in the 13 countries of intervention in order to contribute to the development of the program’s implementation plan and annual work plan. Volunteers will also work closely with partner organizations to establish the program’s baseline and define our partnership approach.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team in Ghana, the volunteer will:
- Ensure that MEAL systems, methods and tools are gender aware and allow strong gendered MEAL analysis in the Project Implementation Plan (PIP).
- Train partners and staff on result-based monitoring including remote monitoring during crisis
- Support the partners to document program results- links to the realization of relevant Sustainable Development Goals.
- Participate in Ghana program learning events with partners including Program Quality Review and end of year
- Draft the VCP Baseline Terms of Reference jointly with the program’s teams and partners.
- Lead the baseline data collection process and support in drafting baseline report
- Support program teams and partners to co-create the VCP Project Implementation Plan (PIP)
- Participate in country planning, strategy development and reviews processes
- Be domiciled in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana or Senegal and have:
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada
- or citizenship of a West African country other than the country where the person is domiciled.
- University degree in any relevant field
- Experience and familiarity in feminist MEAL
- Experience with remote monitoring systems
- Experience in gender related project management approaches.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching capacities.
- Demonstrate creative, innovative mindset.
- Autonomy and professionalism
- Intercultural Skills.
- Experience in training and workshop facilitation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Collaborative platforms
- English, spoken and written. (mandatory)
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
Monthly allowance: amount based on the cost of living in the country of assignment.
Return airfare to Canada
Travel insurance, life and disability insurance.