Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor (Key Personnel)
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor for an upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra and/or Tamale, Ghana.
The Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor (ODCBA) will provide leadership in improving the abilities of the Health Promotion Division and its staff to fulfil their mandate through a strategic leadership, coordination, and harmonization of SBC interventions countrywide via the application of Organizational Development and Capacity Building methodologies and techniques.
The ODCBA Adviser will lead design and implementation of effective capacity development plan on behalf of the Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division (GHS/HPD) and its workforce at the national, regional, district, and sub-district level. The ODCBA will help establish develop systems such as policies, communication strategies, continued professional development approaches and other activities necessary to further the development and implementation of evidence-based SBC interventions. The personnel will be responsible for supporting the development of institutional and human capacity development including the development of training manuals, tools, and materials for pre- and in-service education, community-level SBC activities and continued professional development of GHS/HPD staff.
- Master’s degree in relevant areas including organizational development,
human resource capacity development, with at least six years’ experience in designing
and implementing organizational and human capacity assessment, demonstrates,
knowledge management systems, capacity building development activities especially for
- Demonstrated experience assessing organizational and human capacity needs, communications and knowledge management skills for SBC institutions
- S/he must provide the needed guidance and capacity to the GHS/HPD to develop SBC
policy, strategy, communications etc.
- Must demonstrate excellent facilitation and team management skills
- Experience in organizing professional events and learning activities is desired
- Experience in using social and behavior change approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
- Knowledge of the relevant health issues in Ghana a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
- Lead the design, delivery and monitoring of technical assistance provided toward strengthening organizational, managerial, financial, compliance and systems and mutually identified needs for the GHS/HPD.
- Ensure that organizational development and capacity building activities align with international standards (or best practices)
- Establish indicators for organizational development and capacity building while monitoring for results
- Synthesize organizational development and capacity building lessons learned, accomplishments, and challenges, contributing to required and ad hoc reports
- Assess the organizational systems of and develop technical assistance plans for GHS/HPD
- Source and manage technical assistance providers to respond to requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Guide and monitor implementation of activities to achieve the goals of the project, ensuring that required inputs are in place on time
- Represent the project on relevant working groups.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.