On Going Recruitment At Newmont
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont‘s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programmes in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Electrical General Foreman
Manage, supervise and coordinate process plant Electrical supervisors, maintenance technicians, and also to support career development for mechanical apprentices. Manage Electrical maintenance work to ensure that availability goals are attained so that safe production plans are achieved with plan, organize lead and control methodology as a summary.
- Comply with the Mine Regulation Act and Regulations clauses that apply to your work area.
- Ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Assign and coordinate tasks for your team members.
- Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions.
- Work with maintenance supervisors to achieve process plant equipment efficiency and availability.
- Build, develops and manages Electrical team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Assist in conducting failure analysis studies and recommend alternative strategies for maintenance.
- Assist or liaise with Administrative Coordinator in communicating maintenance mission, vision, goals and objective to maintenance workforce.
- Contribute to a climate of mutual respect, team spirit and team identity.
- Setting up of workshop for rebuilding equipment by providing hand on assistance during maintenance activities to ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Approve requisition, purchasing of items at the warehouse and searching of parts, estimated time of arrival of items to know how jobs should be prioritized.
- Assist in the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STP’s).
- Conduct performance appraisals six monthly.
- Work with operation supervisors on the best practices to get tasks done without affecting production.
- Liaise with planning on backlog, scheduling, equipment shutdown planning and resource.
- Liaise with maintenance management to identify training needs of the Electrical employees’ workforce.
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate training to enable them to undertake their roles as diligently, efficiently and safely as possible.
- Liaise with Administrative Coordinator in updating job descriptions and ensuring each worker is aware and well informed of their job description.
- Liaise with senior management to get information flow to the maintenance workforce and vice visa.
- Identify and eliminate or report any wasteful practices.
- Understand the objectives of the mill production personnel and refer any disagreement to Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure any training or skill deficiencies the team may have are discussed with and addressed with maintenance management.
- Fair allocation of tasks whenever possible.
- Participate in call out roster.
- Manage the Management Operating System (MOS) on the processing plant.
- Is accountable for achieving and maintaining level 3 maturity for MOS elements identified as ‘Accountable” in MOS RACI chart. This includes:
1. Manage the Management Operating System (MOS) for Processing Maintenance at the processing plant. This role: is accountable for achieving and maintaining level 3 maturity for MOS elements identified as ‘Accountable” in MOS RACI chart.