On Going Recruitment At African Mining Services
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Company’s in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited, a publicly listed Australian Company (ASX: ASL).
AMS was established in 1996 and until February 2005 was a joint venture company owned and operated by Ausdrill Limited 50% and Henry Walker Eltin 50%. In March 2005 AMS became a 100% subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited.
We have worked for in the past and continue to work for many major and smaller mining houses in providing full contract mining services, full drilling services and also exploration drilling services.
AMS offers contract surface mining and exploration drilling services to the mining industry throughout West Africa in Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Cote D’Ivoire through African Mining Services, and in East Africa in Tanzania and Zambia through Ausdrill International. AMS has provided mining services since 1996 and Ausdrill the parent company has established operations in Africa since 1991.
Job Title: Project Manager
- AMS are currently seeking a qualified candidate interested in undertaking a role with our Company as the Ghana Site Manager.
- The position will be based on the AMS Ghana sites although the polential exists for movement within Ghana and possibly within Africa.
Required Skills or Experience
- This role requires a Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering (or allied) with experience in a similar role.
- This position requires a Minerals Commission Certificate of Mining Manager (MM), although a Superintendent’s Certificate may be accepted with the potential of acquiring the MM Certification in the near future.
The position will require knowledge or experience of the following;
- Contract Mining practices including experience with plant and equipment capacities
- An ability to ensure high safety and environmental standards are applied
- HR – Union, Collective Agreement and Ghana Labour Law, personnel development
- Appreciation of industry standard maintenance procedures and activities
- Contract management
- Drive for value change and continued improvement and development within the project
- Intermediate / advanced user on main computer software packages
- Good analytical skills and ability to look at challenges with alternative approaches / methods.
How to Apply
Respond with your application and current Curriculum Vitae indicating the Job Title and Reference Code as the subject to:
The Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services Ghana (AMSG)
P.o.Box 221 Tarkwa
Closing Date: 1 month from date of publication
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.