On Going Recruitment At Advans Ghana
As the Ghanaian economy evolves, Advans Ghana continues to update its products and services to meet customers’ new financial requirements. The dynamism of the company has over the years attracted young and motivated employees. Today, there are about 400 welcoming staff members ready to serve you in the 12 Advans Ghana offices.
As a Savings and Loans company, Advans Ghana is under the supervision of the Bank of Ghana. Advans Ghana stands apart from other micro-lenders in the stability of its financial support thanks to their shareholders. These include Advans SA and leading non-government organizations such as the International Finance Corporation and KfW, and major banks such as the Société Générale. Advans Ghana is a member of the Advans group. The Advans group is a network of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and microbanks which provide adapted financial services to Micro, Small and Medium sized Enterprises (MSMEs) and low-income populations in developing, emerging and frontier countries. Advans aims to transfer best practices in corporate governance and operations management to its affiliates.
Job Title: Client Relationship Assistant
The Client Relationship Assistant is responsible for prospecting for clients, appraising loan clients and monitoring and developing his/her loan portfolio
He/she will also be responsible for developing the savings and deposits portfolio for the target groups.
1. COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Organize prospecting and communication actions in the zone of intervention (markets and commercial areas) by collaborating with the other Client Relationship Assistants and Customer Service Assistants
- Introduce Advans Ghana products and services to target population
- Follow-up the prospects by regular contact with the identified potential clients
- Propose new products and services to his/her current clients
- Identify clients’ needs and propose new products/services to the management
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
2. LOAN ACTIVITIES
- Assist the clients for loan application.
- Conduct loan appraisal and to collect detailed information (personal, business, guaranties) on the field.
- Present the loan request at the loan committee.
- Monitor the loan portfolio and to ensure timely repayment.
- Organize recovery actions in case of late repayment.
- Maintain a regular contact with clients by organizing visits on the field.
- Become a respected and active stakeholder in the intervention zone by spending most of the time on the field and creating a trusty relationship with small businessmen/women.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES
- Keep complete and detailed documentation on each client
4. ORGANISATION AND CONTROL
- Prepare a weekly planning with expected tasks and visits to be done.
- Share information and best practices with staff.
- Report all the issues related to the job to immediate supervisor.
- Analyse the client portfolio by using operational reports.
The Client Relationship Assistant shall demonstrate:
- Ability to meet objectives (quantitative and qualitative) determined by operations department and branch manager.
- Ability to represent Advans Ghana in the branch by demonstrating professionalism and dynamism.
- Ability to respect policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage the information by using the MIS and keeping records in client files
- Good communication skills.
- Good drive for initiatives.
- Ability to deliver clear, transparent and accurate information to clients.
- Ability to manage the information by using the MIS and keeping records in the client files.
- Ability to become a key stakeholder in the intervention zone.
- Ability to adapt the communication depending on the type of clientele by speaking local languages and adapting the level of language.
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION: At least an HND, Bachelor’s Degree and other professional qualifications.
WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one (1) year working experience (National Service inclusive). Good mathematical ability, market appraisal skills and knowledge in accounting. Practical knowledge of micro/small businesses and market environment is an advantage.
SKILLS: High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; proven computer literacy skills; excellent interpersonal relation and good appeal. Knowledge of the French language will be an advantage.
PERSONAL TRAITS: Good interpersonal relationship and communication skills; a good marketing skills; self-disciplined; resolute and value driven. Ability and desire to grow the branch.