Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
Job Title: Maintenance Planning & Project Manager
Olam PFB manufactures and markets a range of branded packaged food products to consumers across multiple African markets. Over the last decade, the PFB business has established regional brand and market leadership positions in multiple consumer categories across targeted markets in West Africa. Packaged Foods Business portfolio currently counts eight key brands that are marketed to more than ten South and West African markets. Our R&D teams, working closely with marketing, have helped us surprise and delight our consumers through differentiated and innovative products. The consumer categories we are present in West Africa include Tomato Paste, Instant Noodles, Instant Beverages, Biscuits, Confectioneries, Edible Oil, Pasta, and Dairy.
Experience with FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) is a must!
• Responsible for efficient maintenance, repairs and improvement of machinery, equipment and tools.
• Ensures high plant availability at lowest possible cost
• Monitor Factory Engineering key performance indicators.
• Ensure that all the team members are familiar with, and implement 5S and AM and PM.
• Ensure that continuous improvement becomes a key pillar of the maintenance culture.
• Ensure work orders generated by SAP are implemented by the various Engineering sections. And trend line wise availability with work order execution.
• Ensure that all projects are designed for the long term and result in a positive impact on the company ROI
•Propose and control the cost of the project in accordance with to the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
•Propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators.
•Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout, equipment selection etc.) and fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design reviews and basic science.
•Ensure that the design is directed towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation.
Specific responsibilities relating to the implementation phase:
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering Field. (Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering).
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in similar field
- On the Job experience in best manufacturing practices (eg TPM, WCM etc.)
- Knowledge in Project Engineering/Management, Plant design & construction.
- In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and technology.
- Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business driver
Language & Skills
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety and hygienic engineering.
- Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills.
- Communication and Networking.