Offshore Inspection Engineer at MODEC Production Services Ghana – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
MODEC Production Services Ghana JV Limited (MPSG) provides operations and maintenance services to Tullow Ghana Limited and its Partners on FPSO Kwame Nkrumah (KNK) in the Jubilee Field and FPSO Professor John Evans Atta Mills (JAM) in the Tano Ennyera Ntomme (TEN) Field. Both FPSO vessels are located off the Western coast of Ghana
Offshore Inspection Engineer
• Manage the offshore planning, coordination, execution and supervision of asset integrity inspections and remedial work.
• Provide an offshore focal point for inspection and fabric maintenance
• Provide oversight on the execution of safety critical inspections executed on the Facilities.
• Lead and co-ordinate high quality integrity management activities for the facilities
• Assure that the integrity management system for the Facilities is enacted offshore.
• Provide support and guidance to the offshore inspection and fabric maintenance personnel when required, and support for onshore personnel during offshore visits as
• Provide specialist support on topsides pressure systems and marine inspection activities ensuring industry standards and best practice are applied appropriately.
• Liaises with all departments and stakeholders offshore to ensure the Inspection Plan is up to date and supported, consistent with the MODEC & Client business
• Act as the focal point for all Inspection and Fabric Maintenance activities on the Company’s Ghanaian assets.
• Responsible for the offshore planning, coordination, execution and supervision of asset integrity inspections and remedial work.
• Planning — ensure the Onshore Integrity Team are aware of the necessary resources required for all planned work and given estimates of required resources when necessary.
• Coordination — act as a point of contact and liaison between offshore operations, Inspection Teams, FM Team and Onshore integrity
• Execution — ensure all inspection reports are fully reviewed for accuracy and clarity and track progress of inspections against plan. Carry out when required visual inspection of pressure equipment and structural items and ensure prompt notification of Onshore Integrity Team of any significant integrity concerns resulting from inspections
• Supervison – establish and maintain strong safety culture in line with company values. Also responsible for ensuring offshore teams comply with HSE legislation, company standards and procedures under area of responsibility to ensure safety, legislative compliance, and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Identify opportunities for improvement and be responsible for implementation following agreement with Onshore Integrity Team.
• Provide Onshore Integrity Team with regular reports, both verbal and written, with analysis and comment on performance and results.
• The Offshore Inspection Engineer shall be the offshore MODEL representative for all inspection and fabric maintenance activities
• To manage the Facilities offshore inspection and fabric maintenance programs to ensure timely execution of work in line with plans and budgets provided by the onshore team To provide feedback to the Onshore Operations & Integrity Team in order to give the team an accurate picture of the integrity of the asset
• Provide an oversight of the status of anomalies and temporary repairs on the asset through re-inspections and updating the database/registers
Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualified as AP1510 and API570 Pressure Systems Inspector
• API579 and API580 is preferred
• In depth knowledge of core NDT Techniques essential, knowledge of advanced techniques preferred
• Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred. Tertiary education -engineering preferred but extensive operational experience in similar environments equally valid.
• 5+ years’ experience in offshore inspection, with at least 2 years in an Offshore Inspection Engineer role
• Expert knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative, national and international inspection standards for offshore Oil & Gas Facilities
• Experienced in Vessel, Pipework and Structural inspection, preferably on an FPSO. Overseas and African experience beneficial
• Physical aptitude to work in an offshore environment
Location: Western Region
All applications should be sent to:
Closing Date: 31 December, 2019
MODEC Ghana Limited DOES NOT charge prospective candidates any fees.