Office Administrative Assistant at Farmerline Limited – Jobs in Ghana
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future. Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers, but operate lean and nimble.
We train and support a network of smartphone empowered field agents to bring vital services and information to farmers doorsteps. Products like high quality but affordable fertilizers, fungicides and seeds. Information services like weather forecast, market prices, financial & nutrition tips. We are building the “Amazon” for farmers where they can access these services and other resources at an affordable price, quality and right in their community.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 5 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 200,000 farmers and mapped over 700,000 acres of farmland across 11 countries.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems everyday. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Farmerline is currently seeking a dynamic and proactive individual to lead office operations in Kumasi. The Office Assistant should have rich experiences in office administration and management and will be responsible for supervising office labourers, manage office equipment, run errands and ensure maintenance of office spaces for work. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. The candidate should be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Complete errands on behalf of the Company.
2. Deliver, collect and archive mail, documents etc.
3. Conduct reprographic work including duplicating, collating, stapling and scanning, etc.
4. Assist with the preparation of work areas and documents/folders for meetings.
5. Collect and distribute stationery and office supplies as required.
6. Prepare meeting room for workshops and meetings by ensuring adequate seats, refreshments etc are provided.
7. Oversee cleaner and gardener in the performance of a number of daily cleaning duties which include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping and vacuuming of floors, dusting furniture and equipment, emptying bins, tidying office space (cupboards, refrigerator, countertops, and other appliances), and bathroom facilities, cleaning glass windows/panes, walls and doors, and gardening.
8. Open and close building daily and ensure equipment is switched off, where applicable, at the end of the workday.
9. Ensure a regular supply of office amenities by notifying supervisor of short supply and restocking when necessary.
10. Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
11. Administrative duties
- At least a HND certificate
Competencies and Skills required:
- Problem Solving
- Excellent communication
- Managing diverse relationships
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone manner
Personal attributes required :
- High standards of ethics
- Honest and trustworthy
- Discreet and tactful
- Positive attitude and behaviour
- Attention to details
Previous experience in a similar position may be an advantage.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Local Health Insurance
- Monthly work drinks
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN