Obsidian Achernar Limited is a wholly owned Ghanaian brokerage firm licensed by the Central Bank of Ghana to provide foreign currency services. We also provide Investment Banking services, unrivaled Financial and Commodity market coverage across Currencies, Fixed Income, Metals, Agricultural and Energy products.
We specialize in delivering high-quality brokerage services for a broad range of financial products that are designed to meet the needs of our clients in a constantly evolving market environment. We are excited about Africa’s economic potential; we are committed to supporting private-sector led growth on the continent by providing onshore institutional clients access to leading financial services.
Obsidian has banking relationships with international Banks, Pension funds and Hedge Funds across the Global West and works with a network of well-established banks in the varied markets of Africa. As our client base continues to broaden, we aim to be the first choice for clients, achieving, maintaining and extending market leadership wherever we operate.
In Obsidian’s quest to offer its clients with swift and seamless services it is working around the clock to bring forth creative ways to develop and improve on the tech ecosystem in Ghana and Africa as a whole which has become the driver of the financial services industry. The use of technology in the financial services takes centre stage in every financial institution across the globe. Obsidian Achernar Limited has a vision to develop applications that use technological innovations across all relevant sectors, such as Agriculture, Health, Education and many others that contribute to the growth of the Tech ecosystem. We believe in the birth of the African story and our role in promoting technology with endless possible solutions.
Job Title: Business Development Officer – Tech
To deliver an industry-leading and world-class service to our clients and for the quality of our execution to be viewed as a competitive advantage. We also have a vison to be a tech giant in Africa, a successful global information technology company trusted by its customers for top notch tech solutions.
To serve as the bridge between the local and offshore financial markets, to improve liquidity, provide competitive pricing and world class tech solutions for our clients.
Identifying and generating new tech business opportunities to further improve market share and awareness by gaining an understanding of customers’ technology needs and promoting goods and services to these customers. May manage some key customer accounts. You would be responsible for identifying solid and profitable start-ups that the company can invest in as well as negotiating with incubators to assist us in finding profitable start-ups. Coming up with products and services that that would help with the companies technology desk
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
CEO, COO, CTO, Heads of Departments, Brokers, Business Development, Receptionist, Finance Team, HR/Admin Team, Drivers, Board Members, External Stakeholders and Visitors.
- You are responsible for building solid partnerships with Incubators in order to assist us find the best start-ups we can invest in.
- Personally scouting for profitable start-ups the company can invest in
- Assessing the health of start-ups with the aim of bringing them on-board.
- Preparing and submitting bids and proposals to clients as required as well as managing the proposal and contract negotiation, until deal closure.
- Preparing and making presentations to potential businesses the company can have long term profitable partnerships with.
- Assisting in developing new products and services in line with organization’s vision and strategy.
- Promoting the company’s goods and services to existing and prospective clients
- Understanding the general/technical features and requirements of the company’s products and services
- Developing an understanding of competitor strategies and means of differentiation and be responsible for competitive analysis and creating strategic marketing plan.
- Building and retaining client relationships through continuous follow up with clients for their requirements and improve client retention rate.
- Scouting for Fintechs we can partner with.
- Building strong relationships with and maintaining a real-time understanding of the Fintech Industry.
- Seeking out additional opportunities through existing contacts, a proactive approach and innovative thinking.
- Researching on daily basis new businesses opportunities that the company can delve into.
- Finding new ways of securing more potential customers and building strong relationships with clients / customers for business growth & profitability.
- Aggressively achieving the department’s target and profit objectives.
- Assist in championing the design, development and execution of business strategies for marketing the organization’s products and services and maintain database of individual customers, corporate and international organizations. Provide prompt periodic report to management. Attending and actively participating in team and company meetings. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Meeting and exceeding KPIs as set by your Line Manager.
- Minimum First Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or related discipline.
- An MBA or MSC in the fields above would be an added advantage
- 3 Years Minimum in working with an excellent Technology Marketing Company or Fintech. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Good knowledge of the Information Technology.
- Reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions.
- Proactive and Innovative.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- You should be able to exhibit integrity, professionalism and confidentiality in all situations
- High confidence and fast thinker and as well as strong decision-making skills
- Must have keen interest and understanding of the technology world and financial markets.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent management and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Highly Self-motivated individual
- You must be able to take initiatives and think very fast.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Calm character, able to prioritise and ensure smooth execution of tasks
- Fluency in English – spoken and written
- Maintain high levels of professionalism
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
- Have a professional knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Should be able to work extra hours and weekends
Annual Net Salary – Very Competitive