Nurse at Academic City College – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Academic City is a premium tertiary education institution designed to nurture and develop the intellectual capital on the African continent. We have a dedicated focus on innovation-driven learning through new contexts and paradigms, within a transformative learning environment. Our premium teaching talent is facilitated with a state-of-the-art campus in Haatso, Accra, including amphitheater-style lecture halls, student-engaging classroom designs, latest technology/equipment, a venture incubator, and a modern-design engineering workshop.
Comparable to educational institutions abroad, Academic City aims to drive holistic student development with a strong emphasis on activity-based learning, supplemented with entrepreneurial thinking, ethical decision-making, and social-emotional learning.
The Nurse will report to the Dean of Student and Community Affairs, Academic City College
- The nurse must be able to
- Respond to and manage emergency health cases with authority, confidence, and maturity
- Stabilize patients before relocating them off campus, and possibly accompanying them to hospital in cases of absolute emergencies
- Administer basic first aid
- Make decisions about whether to escalate and evacuate to a hospital in cases of emergency, or keep them in-house for observation
- Provide basic health information to students on an ongoing basis, and sometimes lead talks on health issues
- Administer basic medication and/or refer students to health care providers when necessary
- Carry out administrative duties associated with the position for a campus serving between its current size of about 200 students plus 100 staff and faculty, and grow to its near-future size of up to 1,000.
- Be the lead contact in our relationship with a nearby hospital, and be able to establish relationships with others
- Be in constant communication with medical insurance companies.
- Be in charge of preparing budgets and overseeing the basic stock for the first aid center
- Provide information to the Executive Team if/when epidemics emerge in Accra and Ghana
- Disseminate campus-wide health-related alerts in agreement with the Dean of Students
- Ensure that health certificates among cafeteria workers are current.
- Administer all other health-related tasks that can be handled by a nurse.
- Should be a qualified nurse
- Should have strong enough computer and communication skills to handle data entry, reporting, and budgeting, emails and being able to understand our simple health information system
- Should be able to work fairly autonomously.
- Should be mature enough to make swift and sound decisions
- Must connect well with students and staff
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to
The subject line of the email should be “Application for < Role, Your Name >”
Application deadline: 30th September 2019