Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Senior Warehouse Supervisor
In This Role You Will
• Facilitate open communications between Site(s), Logistics, Inventory Planning, and the Sourcing and Procurement group to ensure alignment and understanding of receiving and distribution performance measurements, requirements, and outputs.
• Collaborate closely with End-user groups in order to provide the right level of service.
• Establish optimal delivery points to end-users through efficient channels of distribution.
• Oversee that receiving functions and discrepancy identification are performed at all warehouse facilities and transactions are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Establish, implement, and supervise parts preservation program that suitably protects inventory items from deterioration due to inadequate storage and exposure to the elements of the weather.
• Coordinate and supervise all warehouse logistics and activities.
• Provide strong tactical Inventory Strategic direction for the site and the site leads.
• Supervise and account for all incoming and outgoing products.
• Assist in identifying training and knowledge gaps within the Warehouse section and contribute to the development of suitable training interventions.
• Conduct effective performance management for subordinates through handling individual performance contracts and reviews, presenting performance expectations clearly, and addressing and resolving performance issues.
• Assist in the hiring and training process for new warehouse staff.
The above duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
About This Role
• To implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s materials management strategy in order to drive the goals and objectives for the warehousing activities.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operational performance of the warehouse by ensuring the movement of materials and supplies at Site are received, issued, stored and accounted for in a safe, timely and consistent manner that ensures compliance with Newmont Standards and established Regional policies and procedures
• Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion, and responsibility at all times.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
• Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
• Supply Chain functional knowledge.
• Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
• ERP/EAP System knowledge.
• Mining business acumen.
• Warehouse Management
• Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible purchasing /buyer/material experience in a mining environment.
• Understand warehouse functions and responsibilities and inventory management experience desired.
• Have a working knowledge of contracting practices and documentation.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in all dealings.
• Have a working knowledge of MS office programs.
• Ability to coach, mentor, develop and performance manage direct reports.
• Have a strong ability to plan, prioritize and delegate work to others.
• Service Level management-inventory management.
• Business Process Improvement.
• Distribution planning.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Business continuity.
• Interpersonal and liaison skills.