Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Light Vehicle Driver, Ahafo North
About This Role
- To drive vehicles according to the company’s transport requirements in a safe and timely manner, so as to transport internal and external partners to various destinations.
In This Role You Will:
- Perform pick-ups and drop offs of both documents and personnel daily.
- Conduct daily inspection and pre-start checks on vehicles, and complete required vehicle pre-start check list.
- Travel to various locations outside of the mine sites as and when required.
- Confirm vehicle coordination, arrivals and departures are carried out in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepare and submit reports on accidents, vehicle breakdowns, and repairs to the Travel and Transport Supervisor and provide feedback after completion of tasks assigned.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Valid Ghanaian driver’s license (Category C).
- Good knowledge of road traffic signs and regulations.
- Good knowledge of Ghana’s geographical map.
- Between 3 to 5 years’ driving experience in a multinational organisation.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with both internal and external partners.
- Good customer service skills.
- Customer focused
- Safety conscious
- Team player
- Travel on a regular basis.
- To work overtime depending on the travel request.
- To move machinery for more than 50% of normal working hours.