Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancy : Senior Site Supply Chain Manager – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To provide overall supply chain site leadership, implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s supply chain strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the mine site.
- To develop supply chain vision for the site in alignment with Corporate, Regional and site objectives and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders. To lead the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
Site Supply Chain Management
- Oversee all supply chain operations to deliver efficient supply chain service. This includes all Warehouse Operations Management, Local procurement, oversight on functional roles on site such as sourcing and procurement, Inventory Management.
- Execute Newmont’s procurement strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire supply chain and specifically for goods and service-oriented categories and contracts that are site specific.
- Develop procurement vision for the site in alignment with Corporate and Regional objectives and builds strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Enhance Newmont’s overall procurement capability through continuous improvement and development of the organization.
- Act as the supply chain trusted advisor to the General Manager.
- Acts as the key contact for all commercial, contracting and procurement issues on site.
- Collaborate with the regional projects commercial teams and drive business readiness.
- Formulate supply chain strategies relevant to the site in conjunction with Corporate, Region and site.
- Develop strategies and synergies between sourcing and procurement, warehousing, inventory control, accounts payable, local content, freight and logistics, and supply chain improvement and governance for effective service delivery to the site operation
- Provide input into regional and global supply chain strategies.
- Be the key advisor on Supply Chain Deliverables in the Supplier Risk Management Process.
- Oversee all warehouse operations on the site.
- Accountable for all supply chain resources and people on site.
- Lead all supply chain capabilities development on site and provide input in the region.
- Execute local content strategy for the site in alignment with the regional and global strategies.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ellipse or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
- Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP / EAP System knowledge.
- Knowledge of local customs and regulations.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life Cycle Procurement and Contract Management Practitioner.
- Supplier risk Management Process Practitioner.
- Between 10 to 15 years of directly related Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Between 7 to 10 years of leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop team and transfer knowledge.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Business continuity.
- Consultation and facilitation skills.
- Decision making.
- Education and training.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Keeping minutes.
- Liaison and networking skills.
- Motivation skills.
- Needs analysis.
- Relationship management.
- Risk management.
- Service management.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Results Driven.
- Willing to learn continually.
- Work well under pressure