RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, DFID and other donors and clients.
Job Title: Communications Manager
RTI International is recruiting for a Communications Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Early Education Learning Outcomes Activity in Ghana. The Communications Manager will be responsible for establishing a vigorous communications strategy to raise public awareness, build demand for local innovations, increase awareness and raise motivations within local governments to achieve a higher stand of management. This position will be based in Accra.
• Conduct an intensive media outreach campaign to raise awareness of the Project.
• Provide news releases to radio, television, and electronic media.
• Organize periodic meetings for the champion local governments to exchange experiences and reinforce their efforts for change.
• Organize Innovations Fairs; prepare case studies and other Project-related documentation; and update the Project’s Website.
• Work with technical managers to write success stories, lessons learned, and activity reports.
• Ensure USAID and project branding guidelines are adhered to.
• Develop other communication tools (newsletters, pamphlets, project briefs) as needed.
• Identify appropriate ways to publicize and disseminate project related information and materials; design and develop project materials and publications.
• Develop an information resource database for the project; collect and compile materials from team members for sharing and submitting to USAID website.
• Work closely with other team members to gather and synthesize project related technical information and data.
• Assure branding plan is followed on all project documents, reports, and public information materials.
• Write articles on project activities including technical notes, best practices and lessons learned and contributions to USAID publications and local media outlets.
• Contribute to the development and preparation of annual work plans, quarterly reports and other reports to USAID; edit documents.
• Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s processes, systems and departments/units by helping develop and strengthen links between them to facilitate exchange of information.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelors Degree and 12 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent capabilities in written and spoken English.
• Good skills with personal computers and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
How To Apply
To apply, please email your CV/resume to: [email protected] English language CVs required. Please put position title and applicant name in the subject line.
Closing Date: 09 May, 2020
• RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.