As Category Development Manager (Brand Manager), you will be the expert of the coffee category for Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Externally, you will manage agencies to implement category activities in the various markets. You will work closely with the regional marketing team, sales team, channel teams, demand planners, finance team to ensure the top line and bottom line of the brand P&L targets are achieved.
Job Title: Brand Manager
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A day in the life of a Category Development Manager
- You will assist the Category Manager to ensure that pricing is in line with the validated pricing strategy in the category plan and makes recommendations when required on pricing to consumers and defines the desired relative pricing.
- You should be able to understand the impact of PFME (marketing spend) on the P&L of the category and tracks the brands performance and health.
- You will develop briefs for the implementation of consumer activities and obtains the required approval
- You will manage sampling activities specific to the category
- Your role is key in assisting the Category Manager to Pre and Post evaluate consumer activities by providing the required inputs (data).
- You will assist the Category Manager to organise and follow up on all activities and events for the category and make proposals on areas that need improvement to improve results and the planning of similar activities in the future.
- Work closely with sales, you will ensure the products in the category are achieving the distribution KPIs and other sales targets
What will make you successful
- University degree or higher education degree
- 5 years ‘experience of category expertise in a FMCG environment
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent social & communication skills: strong presentation skills & proven ability to influence
- Analytical skills, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Excellent Excel skills & data understanding