Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
5+ years’ experience in a continuous improvement function
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
You get to drive transformation via short-cycle improvement activities towards clear business targets, using the full range of lean guidelines, concepts, applications and scales.
A day in the life of…
- As a business partner for continuous improvement, you will lead and manage impactful improvement events or initiatives that will deliver the results requested by a business unit or product category or function. This entails engaging with stakeholders or parties requesting your support and understanding their business needs, prescribing or designing an appropriate and practical methodology based on Lean Value Stream tools and practices, organizing the project team and putting in place a governance system to ensure that individual improvement projects are completed and results are delivered.
- The scope on an improvement initiative can be as focused as one process or one stream in the value chain or can be as extensive as business end-to-end or whole value chain. Your good understanding of the key processes and deliverables of each function or stream within the value chain and enthusiasm to connect with the different functions will be crucial to the success of the improvement initiatives you will be guiding and managing.
- The improvement initiatives focus on generating cost savings and/or increasing sales. Your good grasp of the business profit and loss statement is important to be able to drive the initiatives that have direct impact to the financials of a business.
- Continuous Improvement in Nestle is strongly supported by a Center of Competence. In case you need assistance in prescribing the improvement methodology or problem solving tools for a specific situation, you can seek assistance from or work with Lean Value Stream and Problem Solving experts in the organization.
- You will develop Continuous Improvement competency in the organization by implementing the Nestle Continuous Improvement framework.
What will make you successful
To excel in this environment, you need to enjoy challenges, be interested in nurturing others and hold strong analytical and communication skills.
Other essentials include:
- Strong experience in stakeholder management
- Business management
- Led and developed cross-functional teams
- Working with P&L and balance sheet
- Fluent English. French and Portuguese desirable