Job Title: Senior Biosafety Officer, Laboratory
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collates data for the formulation of policies;
• Implements programmes and activities of the Unit;
• Undertakes forensic investigation and testing of toxicology on GM foods and crops;
• Maintains laboratory equipment;
• Participates in the conducts of routine analysis of GM foods, plants and other related products for safety;
• Develops and maintains an analytical data bank on regulated GM products;
• Maintains an up-to-date compendium of analytical methods;
• Maintains appropriate health, safety and environmental conditions for testing in the laboratories;
• Installs, validates/verify, maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment;
• Provides input for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit;
• Provides input for the preparation of the annual work plan and budget of the Unit;
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• A minimum of four (4) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience in a relevant organization;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of project and programmes management.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Good knowledge in biosafety enforcement procedures.
• Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Good networking skills.
• Good leadership and mentoring skills.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Good strategic planning.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Guidance and counselling.
• Proposal writing skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station