Job Title: Assistant Biosafety Officer, Laboratory
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collects data for the formulation of policies;
• Implements programmes and activities of the Unit;
• Facilitates the testing of toxicology on GM foods and crops;
• Maintains laboratory equipment;
• Facilitates the conducts of routine analysis of GM foods, plants and other related products for safety;
• Provides inputs for the maintenance of an analytical data bank on regulated GM products;
• Provides inputs for the maintenance of an up-to-date compendium of analytical methods;
• Maintains appropriate health, safety and environmental conditions for testing in the laboratories;
• Installs, validates, maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment;
• Collects data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit;
• Collects data for the preparation of the annual work plan and budget of the Unit.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• Must have completed National Service;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Communication skills.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Knowledge in biotechnology and biosafety.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Basic monitoring and evaluation skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station