Job Title: Public Relations Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the collection of data for the formulation and review of policies;
• Implements programmes and activities of the Unit;
• Undertakes public education and sensitisation on the Authority’s programmes and activities;
• Provides inputs for the preparation of press releases;
• Undertakes specified assignments in relation to the organisation and celebration of national and international events;
• Monitors media coverage on issues affecting the Authority;
• Collates data for the development of communication products.
• Collates data for the update of the website;
• Maintains a database on the Authority’s stakeholders;
• Collates data for the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the unit;
• Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit;
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in either Mass Communication, Communication Studies, International Relations, Social Science or other relevant fields.
• Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage.
• A minimum of one (1) year post-Bachelor’s relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
• Must pass an interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Public Administration Systems.
• Knowledge in public relations.
• Knowledge of relevant IT applications.
• Media monitoring skills.
• Knowledge in media law and Regulations.
• Analytical skills.
• High integrity and ethical standards.
• Good team player.
• Negotiation, diplomacy and advocacy skills.
• Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Administrative Procedures.
• Report Writing Skills
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station