Job Title: Assistant Biosafety Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collects relevant data for the formulation of policies;
• Implements programmes and activities of the Unit(s);
• Collects data for the preparation of draft communication on relevant matters to applicants and the public;
• Participate in the inspection of facilities;
• Facilitates the investigation of complaints and breaches of terms and conditions;
• Facilitates the conduct of public education and sensitisation on the Unit’s activities in collaboration with the Public Relations Unit;
• Collects data for the development of project proposals for the Unit(s);
• Collects data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit(s);
• Collects data for the preparation of annual work plan and budget of the Unit(s).
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• Must have completed National Service;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Communication skills.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Knowledge in biotechnology and biosafety.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Basic monitoring and evaluation skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station