Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director Social and Behavior Change
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally-driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director, Social and Behavior Change (SBC), for an upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Director will:
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation strategies.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical and evaluative components.
- Design and field formative and evaluative research baseline, mid-line, and end line research studies.
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings.
- Develop and monitor work plans. Additionally, the ME&L specialist will provide technical leadership on program knowledge management and will work to ensure evaluation and research findings are shared to inform project implementation.
- S/he must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in social science research methods, statistical modeling and related areas and at least 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing an MEL systems to meet research goals.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant data collection and processing methodologies with attention to ensuring data quality.
- Experience working with local organizations to ensure effective ME&L and that all ME&L requirements flow down appropriately.
- Experience working with social science research methods and approaches including the use of focus group discussions, lot quality assurance approaches, longitude analysis and other related methods.
- Demonstrated relevant technical abilities necessary for high-quality ME&L.
- The ME&L Specialist must possess strong demonstrated capacities for spatial analysis including and the use of geographic information systems.
- Familiarity with donor monitoring and evaluation requirements.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.