Supervise and perform all first line electrical maintenance activities on the FPSO process and utilities plant in a safe and efficient manner, being aware of the safety of others, effective utilisation of FPSO systems and processes related to FPSO operations, ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements and in line with the 35 x Performance standards / associated assurance tasks
Provide and supervise first line electrical maintenance activities for Topsides and Engine room/Utilities as directed by relevant Discipline Supervisor on the FPSO.
Supervise preventative maintenance and repair work, shutdowns, isolations and planned maintenance in accordance with the CMMS.
Supervise the activities of other electrical technicians, mentoring them and working with them and HR in developing a training program to facilitate and support their career development/progression.
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor
Key Areas of activity
- Facility Management Systems Maintenance, Standards and Procedures
- PTW System Maintenance
- CMMS Maintenance activities and improvements and purchasing activities:
- Shutdown and Major Maintenance
These activities include but are not limited to:
Supervise planned preventative and Corrective maintenance as described in maintenance management system work instructions
Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any deviation of set parameters and raise work orders in maintenance management system
Supervise fault finding and diagnostic checks on all vessel equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly. Ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancies are addressed
Complete and maintain all documentation associated with Maintenance engineering as required for all maintenance operational work activities
Provide Engineering Maintenance support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, Facility Management procedures and specifications
Report the status of all electrical equipment/systems (including interconnecting systems) primarily to the offshore Maintenance function, with a second reporting line to the onshore asset Electrical Engineer
Supervise Preventative maintenance and repair work, shutdowns, isolations and planned maintenance in accordance with the CMMS ensuring.
- All maintenance and maintenance related activities are carried out to the highest standards
- All test and inspection routines required by the Planned Maintenance System are completed
- Proper records/history and reports are maintained
Qualifications & Experience
- HND or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- National Vocation Qualification (NVQ) Certificate III Diploma Instrument Process Engineering.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification SVQ3 – Maintaining Plant and Systems – Electrical
- At least 8 -10 years offshore oil and gas or relevant industry experience
- Senior authorized Electrical Person for HV isolations/working.
- Maintenance Operations experience
- HV/LV Electrical generation, transformation and distribution plant experience
- Sound knowledge of HV/LV switchgear, motors, heaters and transformers
- Sound knowledge of UPS, electrical control, power management and protection systems
- Maintenance Management systems experience
- Authorized/ Senior Authorized HV Electrical isolating authority
- Comp-Ex training/competence
- FPSO experience