Ministry of Education New Recruitment 2019
The Ministry of Education has received a grant from DFID to setup the Education Reform Secretariat to track the delivery of initiatives in the education sector.
Job Title: Data Analyst
• The Data Analyst is to support effective implementation of the program, organizational learning, and the embedding of effective and responsive data collection, analysis and monitoring systems in the education system.
Reporting to: Performance Management and Accountability Adviser
• Work with the Performance Management and Accountability Advisor (PMAA) in implementing performance management and accountability routines Support data collection, analysis and reporting working with key delivery Advisors.
• Analyze data submitted by Reform Owners and produce monthly and Quarterly progress reports from Reform Owners
• Support in the development routines for reporting on progress against Road Maps, Workplan and KPIs
• Provide support to the PMA for data collection across Road Maps to ensure functioning monitoring and evaluation system are coherent
• Support the process of the design of data collection tools enabling data collection management amongst the various Road Maps
• Contribute to Quality Assurance of data from Reform
• Participate in developing and implementing education-related management information systems (MIS) relevant for the MoE, where required
Support development of the project logical framework, performance monitoring system, performance evaluations, baseline, mid-term and end-line studies. Contribute knowledge on a range of approaches to performance monitoring, impact evaluation and research in areas including design instrument development, sampling design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
Effective and efficient data analysis and reporting across Road Maps resulting from monitoring, research, evaluation and sharing of learning.
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge, Essential Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
• A degree in statistics or mathematics or in a relevant field
• Experience data collection, analysis and management frameworks and use of a range of data collection methods and instruments
• Experience of working in Ghana and in the education sector
Experience / Competencies
• 3-5 years’ data collection, management analysis experience in Ghana
• Good experience in data analysis and reporting
• Good understanding in the design of data collection tools in education programmes
• Excellent report writing and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience working multilateral institutions. development partners or private sector.
• Strong facilitation and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
• Understanding of gender and development issues Excellent organizational skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Experience working in a team
• Complete fluency, oral and written in English is essential
Location: Accra, with occasional field travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to: The Recruiter, Ministry of Education, Accra Via: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 December, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted