Ministry of Education Currently Staffing 2019
The Ministry of Education has received a grant from DFID to setup the Education Reform Secretariat to track the delivery of initiatives in the education sector.
Job Title: Programme Assistant
The Programme Assistant at the Ministry of Education will work directly under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor and wit be directly responsible for coordinating all programme and logistics functions related to Monitoring, Evaluation, reporting and field activities.
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Daily Tasks and Routines
• Work directly under the M&E Advisor to ensure effective program coordination
• Provide logistics, planning and operational support to the Program Advisors, and all field activities
• Provide logistical support and participate in technical meetings of the Reform Secretariat
• Coordinate programmes schedules and appropriate information for program meetings
• Support strategic planning processes, including the development of Annual Work Plans.
• Contribute to positive working relationships between Reform Secretariat, Reform Owners, stakeholders and Advisors.
• Draft programme and activity reports for the Reform Secretariat
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in a relevant discipline of equivalent experience
• Postgraduate degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
Experience / Competencies
• 2-3 years in programme management and coordination Excellent report writing and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience working with civil society organisations, governments, donors, multilateral institutions Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in in a multicultural setting
• Understanding of gender and development issues Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Experience working in a team
• Ability to coordination and organise
Complete fluency, oral and written in English is essential
Location: Accra, with occasional field travel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs and applications to: The Recruiter, Ministry of Education, Accra Via: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 December, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted