Mine Dispatcher II at Newmont Mining Corporation – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To dispatch fleet and optimize equipment utilization and usage to bring peak performance in mining operations by keeping real-time information on equipment, updating mining data in terms of stockpiles, dumps and road networks, liaising with Radio Maintenance and IT for Air Wave and Network management system, analyzing and providing data to short-term and long-term planning, Mine Operations, Mine Maintenance and Geology.
- Coordinate and manage shift operations of the Open pit in the areas of drilling, loading, hauling and projects to optimize assets.
- Assist the Dispatch Engineer with planning the biennial outlook of the Fleet Management (Dispatch) session.
- Monitor the flow of information into and out of the FMS System, analyze data and channel this information towards short-term, medium-term and long-term planning.
- Receive targets from Dispatch Engineer for tonnage, fleet performance and its lifespan to achieve defined organization profit targets
- Support the training, implementation and operation of Fleet Management system utilizing both low and high precision GPS.
- Optimize equipment utilization and usage to enable peak performance in Mine Engineering.
- Implement control and mitigation actions through interventions to maintain and / or improve performance.
- Identify potential system performance improvements and cost savings and communicate these to the Full Potential team and management.
- Interact positively with other groups including Engineering, Process, Geology, Mine Operations, Maintenance and Human Resources to verify the accuracy of stated events and durations and correlate this to information captured in the FMS System.
- Liaise with Mine Maintenance regarding the upkeep of the health and maintenance of the equipment.
Adhere strictly to internal Newmont health and safety standards
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mine Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in open pit mining.
- At least one year previous supervisory experience in a Shift Supervisory position within large, open pit mining operations.
- At least one year experience using Jigsaw FMS system in a similar environment
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office is not in excess of 85 decibels. Incumbent may only very occasionally be exposed to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, unpaved pathways, pinch-points, extreme vibration, excavators and drilling rigs, slippery surfaces.
- Incumbent is based primarily in an office-based environment, which requires a continuous need for a high degree of concentration.