Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job Title: Technical Support Catalyst
Job posting end date:
This role is responsible for support the Mill Reline execution for Metso Outotec customers, with expertise and also delivering leadership when the team is mixed with other technicians in the organization.
Responsible for the complete executions from the preparations until the closing report aligned to Metso Outotec Methodologies, so the team will require to travel to remote areas where shutdown services occur.
The Reline Team is responsible for the service performance and will contribute to achieving customers’ expectations in Safety, Quality, and Timely.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Supervisor to ensure work completion and the field service report
- Carry out the services following the methodologies, tools management, procedures, and safety requirements depending on each Minesite, and transfer this expertise to MA.
- Assembly of the liners accordingly with the execution plan avoiding deviations and solving unexpected situations diligently.
- Participate in Company strategies, targets, and other initiatives related to Health and Safety, Operation, or Employee well-being, as defined by management.
- Willing to up-grade qualifications with courses and training.
- Must be reliable and display attention to detail.
- Completes required work and safety reports.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping practices.
- Observe all safety and general plant rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel for extended periods is an essential part of this role.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Technical Degree with mechanical and mining experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in mill relining work.
- Mill Lining knowledge regarding parts manufactured with steel, rubber, polymer, or Megaliner.
- Possess and maintain a current motor vehicle license.
- Valid passport.
Skills And Abilities
- Mill Reline Machinery operation and maintenance.
- Strong drive and performance orientation skills required.
- Strong communication skills, effectively working as both a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Be able to read and understand liners engineering drawings, with strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Capable to effectively and accurately working on several projects detailed orientated, organized, and prioritizing tasks.
- Demonstrated experience and technical skills within high-pressure activities in confined spaces, working at heights, hot working, and Loto procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to work in various environments, which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all-weather conditions.
- Climbing and working on stairs, ladders, and scaffolding, occasionally at extreme heights, is required.
- The employee must perform physical work and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, and the ability to read engineering drawings, meters, and documentation.
- Ability to hear audible warning horns.
- Must have the ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 80%
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry-leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling, and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.