Job Title: Chartered Accountant
- Ensures accurate preparation and distribution of multiple invoices.
- Leads collection efforts and ensures on-timepayment of invoices.
- Debtor Management/Credit Control/TCC control –provide weekly debtor reports to country and regional manager.
- Manage Cash and Cheque Expenses adhering to financecash controls
- Manage the purchase ledger, bank payments and cashexpenses on sage accounting software.
- Cash Flow Management
- Undertakes bank reconciliations
- Treasury management and forecasting
- Responsible for Management of Payroll Systems.
- Liaising with HR and Ops departments to ensure accuratecapturing and effecting of payroll changes.
- Responsible for preparation, reconciliation andsubmission and payment of pensions, income and applicable corporate taxes.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with Company’s taxrequirements, liaising with auditors where necessary.
- Work with regional finance manager on producingyear end audit pack for auditors
- Manage the external auditors onsite during annualaudit; and follow up with auditors to completion
- Examining and flagging unusual activity on thegeneral ledger
- Work closely with regional finance manager on fixedasset schedule
- Stock management – uniforms and ops stock.
- Work closely with the regional finance manager toprovide information needed to produce monthly management accounts.
- Provide leadership in supporting Managing Directorwith financial decision making providing accurate relevant budgeting information in all matters financially
- Hands on leadership and communication between theother main departments ensuring good controls are in place and there are goodchannels of communications between departments.
- Membership of a professional body (ACCA, ICA)
- At least five (5) years’ professional experience in a similar role, evidence of having had a supervisory/managerial role important
- Mandatory 3 or more years working in an audit company
- Experience working in a busy finance department covering all tasks would be a plus.
- A sound understanding of Ghana taxation system.
- Knowledge of SAGE/ Tally ERP/ QuickBooks software is mandatory
- Must pay keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows